Monday, May 17, 2010

Homework 7 and Lessons

Travelling through a wrench into my week. Having the ability to view lessons online was very helpful. I uploaded the assignment 7 sql file through phpMinAdmin and updated the require statements in the list and view files, but still have to customize it for my site. My client hasn't sent me his files so I may need to make fake files for the assignment.
Listening to the 5/12 lesson, reading the lesson documentation, starting the homework, and completing the test was all done on the 5hr 20min flight from NJ...minus take off/landing and snack break.

2 comments:

  1. I worked on the meat of HW 7 today. Started at 9:00 AM and stopped at 12:45 PM. I completed the following:
    1) read through steps of list/view doc;
    2) using phpMinAdmin, renamed my table and updated _list and _view accordingly;
    3) renamed my fields and updated _list and _view accordingly;
    4) created 14 of 20 illustrations in Fireworks to correspond with each writing that will be in the list;
    5) updated the image path in _view;
    6) did some minor formatting adjustments so it fit my layout;
    7) once loaded I only had one error. My database was named incorrectly in conn_inc.

    What I have left to do:
    1) Swap muffin content with writings content;
    2) Decide how I will incorporate the list temporarily (My data for the final project doesn't fit neatly in one list - see my 3 menus under the homepage image); and
    3) Eventually link excerpts and video clips to each writing.

    This went more smoothly than I thought it would. I was expecting to have a mess on my hands because I wasn't in class last week. I'm feeling calmer and eager to replace the muffin content with the writing content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished swapping muffin content with my own content today. That took a little bit of time - maybe an hour or so. I also had to create a few more illustrations since the assignment required 20 list items and I only have 18 right now.
    Started to play around with different ways to work with lists, but wasn't successful. Tried to find answers in book and on class website. Emailed Bill. I'm going to try php.net, but I have yet to make any sense of that site. Everything still looks cryptic. LOL!

    ReplyDelete