Thursday, June 10, 2010

A11: Rich Text Editor and Upload

I installed the RTE in class and pasted the code in at home. That didn't take very long. We also did the upload element in class. I just had a typo to fix. I ran a test and it works. It took me a few minutes to understand that the numbers associated with the RTE were actually table IDs and needed to be unique. I am now troubleshooting a few different issues:
1) I would like the RTE to actually edit text that exists rather than just add to the existing text. I don't know if this can be done without going into mysql and putting each paragraph in the table.
2) I would like not have a separate editor for each paragraph, but have one editor to edit the text of a page. If I do plug the text for each page into mysql, can I include HTML in the table to take care of paragraphs and the like?
3) Still trying to figure out how to assign different user permissions for table access in the admin area. Can't figure out the magic.
Hopefully can work them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment