Friday, June 11, 2010

A Side Note on Google, Chrome and Dreamhost

While I enjoy some of the perks of Google Chrome and thought it was going to be my dream browser, it is starting to show some cracks. It doesn't handle the Javascript rounded corners as nicely as Firefox and Safari. Of bigger concern is the problems I've had with Yahoo email when in Google Chrome. I thought it was Yahoo at first. But I am beginning to think Google has rigged Chrome to mess with Yahoo. Some days I can't access my Yahoo email at all, but if I switch to another browser everything is fine.
It'll be interesting to see how Chrome plays out and if it can fine tune some of it's imperfections.
Another interesting tidbit: I took a survey from Dreamhost and they asked me if I would leave stay with them if they were bought out by Google. Dreamhost selling out to Google would be a big drag. I have to say, I absolutely would consider a departure. Dreamhost has amazing service, a great product, and incredible support. I can't imagine any of that would survive a buyout.

No comments:

Post a Comment